Aug 28, 2014

Ice Cream Social

Summer is coming to a close and the school year is right around the corner.  I've been up in my classroom off and on for the last month, tugging the boys along with me.  Meetings and training days have begun, which officially means summer is over for me!

And the ice cream social is the official welcome back for all of the students.  This was last night at school and I welcomed most of the kiddos coming into my classroom.  This always gets me excited to start the year!!

Cannon also met his first grade teacher, Mrs. Green.  Of course, Mrs. Green isn't unfamiliar to Cannon since he knows all of the teachers at Mt. Meadow.  And Mrs. Green was my student teacher four years ago, as well as my long term substitute when Colson was born.  And we went to her house this summer!  But even though Cannon IS NOT ready for summer to be over, he was excited for the ice cream social and to see his new classroom and reacquaint with friends. 

Cannon and Mrs. Green.


Cannon is reading the treasure hunt he had to complete.  He hunted for things around his classroom!

Colson hung out and got to check out Cannon's classroom, too!

Thank you to Grandpa and Grandma Anderson for bringing Cannon up to school and for Chris for coming up after work.  They all got to hang out as Cannon checked out his new room.  

Enjoying every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment