May 10, 2013

Our First Mother's Day Tea

Today was a special day.
Today was a day that Cannon has been preparing for.
Today was a day that Cannon and I were so excited for.
Today was the Mother's Day Tea at school.

It was my first Mother's Day Tea that I was attending as a mom.

I've organized and put on 14 Mother's Day Tea's in the past.  I've planned and prepared and bought food and organized and cleaned and have gotten 27 first graders each year ready to present for their mom's.  But not this year.  4th graders don't put on a Mother's Day Tea.  (Whew!)

So I was able to focus on being a guest of honor.

It. Was. Wonderful.

I absolutely loved being there with Cannon, seeing the look at excitement on his face.  He was so happy to have me sitting next to him.  I was just as happy being there with him next to me.  Everything was so lovingly set out at Cannon's table, ready for me to come and "ohhh and ahhh" over.  I loved watching the pride in him as I opened the present he so carefully created for me.  The smile on his face melted my heart.  I sat and watched Cannon and his classmates sing and sign their three songs.  (I video taped them all, just like all of the other mom's in the room.)  We shared a banana and a muffin and talked.  We read the "Recipe Book" the EK class prepared for us.  It was a great tea.  Thank you Mrs. Jewell for welcoming all of the Mom's into your classroom!

Cannon took this picture of me with the bird house he painted for me.  
(That's his finger at the top!) 

 My place mat and cookbook.



Singing and signing. 

Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment