May 31, 2013

Don't Forget...

I've done a terrible job lately of picking up the camera and snapping pictures.  I have a few shots, but I'd like to remember to take pictures of those everyday things that are happening.

As I was reflecting on this past week (and where it went!?) I was thinking about all the little things that happen that I don't want to forget. The events, moments, and routines that are occurring right now in our lives.

I don't want to forget...

...how Colson and I snuggle in the rocking chair after we read books before bed.  He loves to "rock" and asks for it before I put him down.  He snuggles up with his blankie, his head on my chest and I sing songs (The Itsy Bitsy Spider, ABC Song, You Are My Sunshine, Twinkle Twinkle) and we talk about the day.  I really cherish this time because it won't be long and Colson won't want to snuggle on my lap anymore.  I cherish every second of that time, smelling his hair and kissing his cheeks and listening to him talk.

...how the boys can't sit next to each other without picking on one another.  It's usually quick and then it's over but it always happens!

...how I am enjoying the countdown to the end of the year.  It's always an exciting time.  I remember when I was in elementary school and how I couldn't wait until summer.  I think I have the same feeling as a teacher!

...how Chris takes care of so many things in our routines which makes it easier to accomplish things.  He always fixes the boys hair in the morning.  And he often makes sure the boys are dressed.  He also takes all of the bags out to the car for me so I'm ready to go in the morning.  At least once a week, Chris picks up the kids, gets them home and gets dinner ready for them.  He also helps me sometimes with making lunches.  I try not to take these small gestures for granted because they sure do help.

...how the toys just seem to get spread out farther and farther, no matter how many times we pick up.  I've come to understand that it's part of having kids!

...how Cannon loves to watch youtube videos on RC trucks and boats.  He loves to watch these before school starts.

...how we have to shut the doors to our bedrooms or else the cats will come in and sleep with us...or Cannon (which he doesn't mind) or jump into Colson's crib and sleep with him!  They would be fine sleeping with us except they wake us up about 4 or 5 am wanting us to get up, too!

...how I still DVR The Ellen Show and watch it while I am running on the treadmill.

...how Cannon LOVES to go over to Claire's house and play with the cars, talk with her, cook with her or help her sew.

Enjoying every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment