Aug 21, 2013

The Scoop

We are into the last couple of weeks of August and we are starting to pick up the pace around here.  Lots of last minute fun outings planned, along with swimming lessons and normal everyday adventures around the house.  Add to that getting my classroom ready, building a deck, getting ready to send Chris off on his week-long trip to Milwaukee and preparing for company.  Whew!

Here's the scoop on what's been happening:

Chris has started to build a deck off of our bedroom. He's talked about his for awhile.  He wants a spot to sit and relax outside of our bedroom but also a shaded area under the deck.  This will be a bid project because it will entail taking out our windows and putting in french doors, adding stairs to the deck and then tearing apart our lower deck and re-creating the outdoor area.  I'm so excited for this but I am not one that can see the finished product and have a very hard time making decisions.  So I am counting on Chris to pull this one off.

The boys have been enjoying a few play dates with friends, seeing movies and enjoying being outside at home.  Cannon has been to Brayden's house and vice versa.  They have played hard and loved each other's company.  We all enjoyed the $1 summer movies at Regal Cinemas.  Colson only made it through a portion of one so I let Cannon go with Jessica the next time.  Cannon and Colson have been playing a lot on the big toy, spending time pulling around the wagon, running through the sprinkler and riding bikes.  They love being outside.

I have been working on getting my classroom ready for another year.  This year I don't feel the immense pressure that I did last year when I moved rooms and changed grade levels.  It was nice to have most things in place and just have to move around some furniture.  We haven't received our final lists so I have a lot to do when I get that.

Chris is getting ready for his motorcycle ride to Milwaukee.  He leaves Saturday morning and will be gone until the following Sunday night.  He'll be riding with Sebastian and some other people from the Harley "family,"  many that he doesn't know.  They'll take five days to ride back, party for three days and then fly home.  It should be fun for him!

My parents are coming for a visit and to watch the boys when I head back to work officially next week. They will be here late Saturday night for a weeks stay and then will be leaving on a cruise to Alaska!  I'm so excited for them! We're looking forward to having them here and I'm looking forward to the help since Chris will be gone.

There is lots more going on.....working on catching up on Project Life; scheduling a painter to come and paint the trim on the house; planning out and freezing some dinners for when I go back to work; trying to clean; thinking about school shopping, etc.

Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment