Feb 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

Happy Heart Day!

I love that Valentine's Day falls on a Saturday this year.  We get to enjoy the entire day and not feel rushed to do something special.

Chris and I actually had a night out last night.  We went to dinner and a movie.  Both of us enjoyed a great dinner at Outback Steakhouse and then headed over to the movie theater and saw American Sniper.  We loved going out to dinner since we don't do that very often.  And it was nice to go without kids.  Uninterrupted conversation and eating.  No stopping to cut food or stop arguments!
The movie was very good, too.  We had heard many good reviews from friends and family.

Today, we enjoyed being at home all day.  (minus a quick trip to the grocery store for me and a trip to the auto parts store for Chris.)  The sun came out, the clouds parted and we actually had a nice, warm sunny day.  The boys played inside and outside.  Chris washed my car and his jeep.  I cleaned and vacuumed my car out and spent some time weeding and cutting back bushes.

We all ate too much Valentine candy to celebrate the day and enjoyed a nice dinner at home.  I BBQ'd marinated tri-tip steak and we had mashed potatoes, salad and rolls.  It was very good. (Leftovers for tomorrow, too!)

Cherishing the simplicity of today.

Enjoying every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment