Feb 14, 2016

Valentine's Day at School

Valentine's Day is a fun day at school.  There is also preparation beforehand....
Making Valentines for classmates.
Making Valentines for my students.
Creating Valentine holders.
All of that brings a lot of excitement!

Here are Colson's Valentine's for his preschool friends.  Cute!

Cannon wanted to hand out highlighters.  These are a big deal in their 2nd grade classes as they work on reading 'closely' and highlighting the important information in the text.  

Here is the Valentine I created as my "homework" for Cannon.  This was an activity we did when I taught first grade and it is still one of my favorite. (First and Second grade classes do this.)  All of the parents create a heart for their child and are posted in the hallway.  It's great to see all of the hearts together, all different, but all sharing wonderful and kind things about their child.  

Cannon's Valentine bag, stuffed full of Valentine's!

 My class made monster bags as their Valentine holders.  The kids LOVED making them and they turned out so cute!  I am already saving bags for next year!

Valentine Day stations in my room.  Some kids made friendship bracelets.  Some painted.  Some created a heart art project.  Some graphed Valentine conversation hearts.  It was a fun afternoon in our room!


I received a good amount of wonderful Valentine's from my current and former students!

It was a great week and a great end to a week leading up to four days off!  Hooray!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment