Dec 22, 2011

Christmas Cookies

I have fond memories of baking Christmas cookies with my mom when I was younger.  Cannon and I have made many baking memories over the last couple of years and the tradition of Christmas baking continues both at our house and while at Grandma's house!

Cannon and Grandma made Gingerbread dough and tomorrow they will make the Gingerbread Men.  I should have recorded the conversations they were having as the baking began.  I loved listening to them....the measuring, the learning, the teaching, the mixing, the sharing, the helping, the questioning, the loving! 

Cannon took this photo!  Even he knows it's important
to photograph memories!  Thank goodness because I didn't
get any other photos of the baking on this day!

Today they made some reindeer and some pretzel/rolo creations.  Lots of estimating, counting, sorting and comparing going on during the baking today.  There was also a lot of eating of the M & M's out of the pile! 

I love this time of year.  I love baking during the holidays.  I love Christmas treats.  I love that Cannon enjoys this time, too. I overheard him say to grandma, "This is so fun!"  Yes, Cannon.  It is fun.  Fun for grandma, too. And fun for me to watch, listen and take photos!





Enjoying every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment