Dec 2, 2011

Christmas Tree Hunting

I love December.
I love the Christmas holiday.
I love Christmas decorations.
I love getting a tree and decorating it. 

The tree tends to bring the biggest excitement, especially for me.  And especially now that Cannon is old enough to understand Christmas and get excited himself.  Watching Cannon's joy about things is amazing.  It gives me a new reason to love the holidays....

I love watching the joy and excitement through a child's eyes.

We went to the Christmas Tree farm down the road where we were greeted by wonderful and friendly older gentlemen who you just know love their "job" this time of year.  They pointed us in the right direction...towards the small trees and I picked one out right away. 

Cannon wanted to go look at the hitches (of course) and found a wagon to pull around, similar to the one he plays with at Grandma and Grandpa Anderson's, but with no sides.  He pulled, pushed and backed up that wagon everywhere.  We looked at a few other trees, put our choice on the wagon and then I tried to get some pictures.  Colson enjoyed looking at everything and wanted to crawl all over the dirty floor of the barn!

I would have liked to get a few more photos, but it was time for dinner and we were all hungry.  No one wanted to pose for photos.

Cannon and Chris put the tree in the stand and Cannon watched as we put the lights on and a few ornaments.  I finished putting ornaments on after both of the boys were in bed.  I think I'll add some ribbon or ??? tomorrow.  We'll see.  It will be exciting to see how Colson responds to the tree and I'm excited to see Cannon's face once he sees it, too. 

I'm praying it stays upright!









Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment