May 4, 2014

A Few Things to Remember


Just a few things that I want to remember.  I often forget that I don't need pictures to tell stories.

  • Since Colson turned three, he moved to the next class at church.  I thought this may be a difficult transition since he was used to his 2's teacher but he did great and has talked almost daily about going to church again so he can be in the 3's class!  
  • Chris is traveling a lot for work this week.  He doesn't travel often, but this week, he's been to Medford and back and spent three days in Michigan.   
  • Cannon and Colson are both into Legos.  They have a huge tub of regular Legos and have gotten better at using their imagination to build things.  (with lots of practice!)  Colson also has some Lego Duplo sets that are bigger and easier to put together.  They both like to play with those.  I love watching them play together, however I often see them play by themselves, too!
  • Cannon's class has snails at school for science lessons.  They have got to watch and observe the snails, hold them and feel them, draw and write about them and most recently, had snail races! (Couldn't have been much action there!)
  • Last Friday night we all sat on the couch and watched Frozen.  Cannon and Colson had both seen it before (many times for Cannon) but Chris and I hadn't.  So we planned a movie night.  It was a good movie, with great songs and a great message.  It was nice to sit down and relax.  Cannon wanted to tell us everything that was going to happen and we kept having to tell him to be quiet!  Fun family memories being made!
  • A quote I found when I needed it the most:  “The secret of life isn’t what happens to you, but what you do with what happens to you.”- Norman Vincent Peale
  • My kids at school are really working hard to meet their reading goals.  They are striving for a goal of reading 40 books in a year.  A handful have already surpassed that and some are very close.  I am very proud of them!  
  • Cannon is a wonderful sleeper.  He sleeps so hard, nothing usually wakes him up.  When Chris was gone, Cannon slept with me one night.  I took a shower, put clothes away and read....and Cannon never even moved.  I loved watching him sleep!  :)
  • Colson had a great report from the dentist and was absolutely fabulous for them.  However, he does need to stop sucking his thumb!  We are working on it.  He knows....and catches himself, but right now it is such a habit and it's hard to break!  
Enjoying every moment. 



No comments:

Post a Comment