Mar 1, 2012

Cannon's "Crash"

Last weekend, Cannon 'fell' into the side of his bed frame and got about a 1 inch cut above his lip and below his nose.  He was in his room to rest.  When he turned out the light he was going to flop on his bed.  He thought he was closer to the bed than he really was and ended up flopping his face right onto the edge of the wood bed frame.

Cannon did cry but it wasn't a blood curdling scream.  Both Chris and I heard the thump and came to see what had happened.  He bled for quite awhile and my first thought was that he would need stitches.  But Chris got a closer look and the cut wasn't too deep. So he ended up with a nasty looking cut and a huge fat lip!  He spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch with an ice pack on his face.

Now, almost a week later, he is looking much better and the cut is healing nicely.  I think he'll have a small scar, but hopefully not one that is too noticeable.

Fat lip!

Nice cut!  The day it happened.
The next day.

About 2 days after.
This is one post that I hate to say, "Enjoying every moment."  However, this is life. This is our life and even though I hate to see my son hurt, I enjoyed making him feel better.  So.....

Enjoying every moment. (even this one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment