May 4, 2012

Reading

Yesterday as I was driving to work, I realized at one point that the car was very quiet.  I looked back and both boys were reading books. I really needed a picture, but that wouldn't have been safe since I was driving!

Today Chris was able to capture some pictures of Colson "reading."  He loves to look at books and that is one of our favorite rituals before naps and bedtime.  He has taken to holding the books himself and turning the pages, instead of just turning pages.


Tonight, Cannon found four books from downstairs that we hadn't read in a long time and we read those before bed.  I love snuggling with him in his bed, reading and talking about the story.  Sometimes we read long stories.  Sometimes the stories are short.  Sometimes we talk a lot.  Sometimes we just enjoy the words the author wrote without any addition conversation.  These are good moments.  This time is a great way to end each day.  I meant to get a picture...even had my phone to take one, but got caught up in the reading and talking and sharing!  I guess that's a good thing.  So here is a picture from another day...


Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment