Dec 26, 2013

Christmas Eve

Loving having family here for Christmas!  This year I am especially glad because I got sick Christmas Eve morning and had to force myself to finish up the last minute things that needed to be done.  Chris had gotten sick the day before, Colson the night before and Cannon hasn't been feeling well for a few days.  So I guess it was my turn.  Luckily, it was only a 24 hour flu so by Christmas afternoon, I was feeling much better.

Cannon and Colson spent time with Grandma and Auntie Karin making cookies.  Some to eat and some to leave out for Santa.  They had a blast rolling the dough, cutting the cookies and frosting them.  What great memories!




I tried to get some pictures of the boys by the tree, but they are at the age (especially Colson) where sitting still for even a second doesn't happen.  Most were blurry because someone (Colson!) was moving.  But I got a few shots that will work.



We had a nice soup for dinner that I put together before spending the rest of the day on the couch.  The boys went to bed at their normal time and then "Santa" came to fill stockings and leave out gifts. Before bed, Cannon put out cookies for Santa and counted out carrots for the reindeer.  He set them in the living room with the note he wrote earlier in the day.

Except for being sick, it was a good day!

Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment