Jun 25, 2014

Hello 40!

Happy Birthday to me....40!
Oh my.

Adult birthday's are pretty laid back in our family.  I really try and embrace every day and each moment, no matter how old I am!  Turning 40 doesn't change that.

Today I had a great day!  We are at the lake, as usual on my birthday.  I love being here.  It's relaxing and easy.  It's a true vacation where I can read a lot, sleep good, go on long walks, enjoy the sun, see family, and just breathe.


This morning, mom made omelets for breakfast and we all ate outside on the back patio.  The sun was warm and it was perfect.  Then Cannon talked us into heading out on the boat.  So the four of us took a cruise to Hawk Creek and then down river for a few miles.  The days was warm and beautiful, there were hardly any other boats on the lake and the water was great.  Cannon got to drive quite a bit and loved gaining confidence.  He listens to Chris very well and takes everything in...and doesn't forget.  I was impressed how well he did.




Mom had lunch all ready for us when we got back...and had a plate of brownies with candles in each one. Colson enjoyed helping her light the candles and the boys helped me blow them out after a great round of "Happy Birthday!"



I was able to do some reading, play with the boys, and go on a nice walk.  Mom and Dad took us out to dinner at The Fort!  It was a very relaxing evening out.  And no one had to cook!


Wonderful day!  I am so blessed.
Here's to a great year!

Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment