Jun 27, 2014

Random Shots

We are continuing to enjoy our time at the lake and feel grateful to be able to stay for an extended period of time.  I have done a lot of reading, finishing three books.  I've also ran or walked every day, sometimes twice a day.  The boys have been playing inside and outside, enjoying their bikes, towing around grandma's wagon, playing in the sand, racing around the house, etc.  Yesterday we watched a movie, How to Train A Dragon.  Cannon loved it.  Colson sat for about 3 minutes and then was done watching!  Mom found my collection of little house books and we started reading Little House in the Big Woods to Cannon.  Colson is enjoying the book, Big Dog, Little Dog, which is a book from grandma's collection.  I think I have read it at least two, if not three times each day.  (I can read it by heart now!)

Here are a few more pictures from our week:

I brought strawberries from Spooner Farms over to make jam.  We made a couple of batches and have already gone through one tub this week.  We've eaten the jam on waffles, pancakes and had it over cheesecake!

The boys made chocolate chip cookies with grandma.  They have a whole bag ready to give to Auntie Karin and, of course, more to eat!  

The Ringa-Majigs that Karin and I played with as little girls are still fun to play with 30+ years later!  

Colson really enjoys playing in the sand, digging and dumping.  Both Cannon and Colson have spent hours playing out back at grandma and grandpas. 

As always, we see a ton of deer.  I saw this one of my walks.  They are everywhere!

I took this picture because Cannon's hair was sticking straight up after driving the boat!  Lots of wind when you are going fast!

A huge bubble bath is always fun in grandma's big tub.  Both boys have taken a couple of bubble baths this week.  (In fact, Colson is in the tub right now!)

The boys picking cherries at Kay and Karen's house.  The cherry tree is overflowing with cherries!  So fun to pick and lots of fun to eat!

Chris (with Cannon supervising) helped my dad put up a fence to keep the deer out of their yard...and from eating their plants.

Enjoying every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment