Jun 21, 2014

Summer!

We have officially started summer vacation.  It's been a fast week, with basketball camp for Cannon and I still had to move my classroom.  So we haven't really had a full day "off" yet.  But it's been nice to sleep in a little bit, have lunch together at home, enjoy the afternoon doing whatever we want and know that we don't have school in the morning.

Here are a few snapshots from our first week on summer break:

Colson has been coming up to school with me as I finish packing my classroom and moving it to my new room next year.  He is also working on potty training and is doing a pretty good job!  (He'll kill me for this picture later on!)

I've been going through Cannon's school items from the year as I work on putting together pages for his school scrapbook.  He spent an hour looking through his memories from Preschool and Early Kindergarten.  It was great to look through it with him, listening to him 'remember.'  This is why I scrapbook!  


The boys ended up digging in the mole hill one night....and getting totally filthy dirty.  They had dirt pretty much everywhere, including in their mouths!  Cannon brought the mud balls he made for Colson into the house to show us! 


The boys enjoying watching videos of trucks, trailers and boats on YouTube.  It's funny to listen to them discuss what they are watching.  


I showed Cannon how to use magazine pictures, cut in half, to work on his drawing skills.  He glued down one side of the picture and then drew the other half of the picture.  This was a stretch for him and he needed a bit of encouragement, but actually, he did a great job!  


A bit of ice cream for a snack.  There's nothing better!  


Enjoying every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment