Feb 17, 2013

The Weekend Lens

We are currently still on our short, 4-day Mid-Winter break.  It's only four days but it sure is nice to have those extra days.  It makes for nice, easy, relaxing days knowing that you don't have to be in a rush to get things accomplished before the work week starts up again.

Friday was beautiful and we were busy most of the day.  We ran errands, spent an hour up at school and then the boys had pictures taken up in Buckley.  They both did a fabulous job and I am looking forward to seeing the results!


In the afternoon, Cannon had Brayden over for a couple of hours and they spent the entire time outside.  The sun was just to wonderful NOT to be outside.  Colson didn't want to nap, either!  I didn't blame him.  So we all hung out and soaked up the Vitamin D.


I had lined up a babysitter for the night so Chris and I could go out to dinner but he wasn't feeling to well. So Colson stayed home with him and I took Cannon up to Mrs. Huff's house.  He told me on the ride up that he wasn't going to want to leave when I came to pick him up!  He knew he was going to have a good time!  I spent a couple of hours grocery shopping and wandering the isles at Target.  And Cannon was right.  He didn't want to leave!  His favorite part of the night was flashlight hide-and-seek!

Saturday Cannon and I spent the morning together. We went to play on the toys at the mall and then he was patient with me as I tried to find a few things at Old Navy.  He talked me into a pair of shoes for him!  When did I become such a sucker!?  He had popcorn at Target and we finished off our morning with a trip to the library.  I always have a lot of fun with Cannon!


Colson spent some quality time with Chris at the Swap Meet! (lol!)  Colson was perfect on their outing. The only thing Chris bought was a $20 helmet for Colson.  Colson was so excited and he kept saying, "Happy!"


We also made some marshmallow pops:  yogurt covered marshmallows with sprinkles...and then freeze them. Cannon was my partner in the kitchen and he actually did most of the work.  I put the yogurt on but he did everything else.



Sunday, I spent the morning with Colson. We went to church and Colson went to the 2-year-old class for the first time.  He did great and was sitting at the table eating Goldfish when I came back to get him.  On the way home, we stopped at Winco for a few things and Colson picked out a donut.  He ate half of it before we made it home!  The chocolate was all over his face!

The boys spent some more time outside Sunday but it was cold.  They bundled up and played with the wagon. Colson did get a fat lip when he ran in front of Cannon while he was swinging.  His poor lip was very swollen.  

Cannon watched the movie Annie.  He had seen most of it before, but actually sat and watched the whole thing tonight.  He really enjoyed that and talked about how that was the best part about his day.

I'm forgetting a bunch of things that happened in between all of this!  Lots of playing.  Baths.  Reading.  Bike riding.  3-Wheeler riding.  Chores.  Cooking.  Cleaning.  Laundry.  Staying up too late.  School Work.


Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment