Sep 9, 2013

Do the Puyallup!

The Puyallup Fair is now called the Western Washington Fair.  However to me, it will always be the Puyallup Fair.  I love going to the fair and having kids has brought on a new dimension to loving it.

Sunday, Cannon and I spent the day at the fair.....just the two of us.


We had so much fun!
And we were so very tired by the time we left!

This year I bought a dizzy pass online for Cannon which meant he could ride as many rides as he wanted all day long.  This is the only way to go since it costs $3.50 or more per ride without the pass.  Cannon went on every single ride he wanted to, some more than once.  He went down the giant slide three times!  I loved being able to say, "Yes" whenever he said, "Can I go on that ride?"

We arrived shortly after the gates opened and both enjoyed a scone!  (You can't go to the fair without having one!)  Then we walked around the rides, checking out the ones Cannon really wanted to go on.  The rides opened at 10am and Cannon didn't have to wait hardly at all.  He rode the motorcycles first and then headed for the roller coaster.  I loved watching the smile on his face while on the rides.  You could tell he was having so much fun and that made me happy!






We ate corn dogs for lunch, bought some lemonade and shared a caramel apple for dessert.


Between rides, we went through the petting zoo and Cannon got to pet goats, sheep, a rabbit, a bird, a chicken and more.  We also stopped by and saw the mama pig with her 11 babies and saw the humongous cow, weighing in at almost 2500 pounds.

We also spent some time at Pioneer Farms where Cannon learned to wash clothes by hand, grind wheat and sift flour, cut carrots, churn butter, grate cinnamon and cut wood.



Another great activity Cannon participated in was a kid tractor pull. There were small peddle tractors that pulled a trailer with weight in the back.  Cannon made it through the first round with a "full pull" and got to 21 feet on his second try, pulling 100 pounds.  I was very proud of him for getting out there and trying.  He was nervous and even told me he changed his mind after we had signed up.  But he stuck it out and it was a great experience for him.


After hitting a few more rides, we headed out...but not before stopping for some yummy ice cream and getting a bag of scones to share with everyone at home.

I loved every minute of my time with Cannon.  Today was all about him and I enjoyed it so much!



Enjoying every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment