Sep 1, 2013

Hike Up Mount Peak

A couple of weeks ago I hiked Mt. Peak in Enumclaw for the first time.  A group of us met to hike as a fundraiser for my teaching partner. She is walking in the 3-Day Walk for breast cancer in September.  

Taking the kids wasn't planned.  I knew Colson wouldn't be able to hike it and it would just be easier without kids.  However that didn't workout as planned.  So the boys came with me.  

Cannon was an awesome hiker!  He headed up with a couple of older boys (only a little older) and I barely saw him.  I was proud of him!  Colson walked about 1% of the time and I carried him the rest of the way.  I got one heck of a work out with an added 30 pounds!  






The way down the trail was much more difficult then I expected because it was steep.  Cannon fell a couple of times and I fell twice, both times carrying Colson.  Both times, my feet just slipped out from under me and I fell on my butt.  However the second time I sprained my right ankle pretty bad.  Thank goodness my friend Lex was with us.  She took Colson and two other people from our group came and helped me down the rest of the way.  I ended up at urgent care the following day with a walking boot and orders to stay off of it for two weeks.  :(  Boo!


The hike up was great!  The results at the end, not so much.  
Enjoying every moment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment