May 31, 2011

Last Day in May

We had a nice final day of May. 
Playing at the kitchen sink.
Cannon slept until 8:30 am and Colson went back to bed before Cannon
woke up!  So Cannon and I enjoyed a nice breakfast by ourselves.  He
helped me cut apples to put in the food dehydrator.  Then Cannon 'washed'
dishes and played at the kitchen sink for at least an hour.  He was so
incredibly happy. 

Heather and Evan came about 10am and the boys played until 11am.  Our
plan was to head to the zoo, but the weather wasn't cooperating so we went
up to the mall to let the kids play at the indoor play area.  We brought the
lunches we packed for the zoo and ate at the mall.  Then we shopped a bit
at Sam's Club.  It was so wonderful to catch up with Heather and the boys
had fun playing, too. 

The afternoon was spent outside as Cannon rode his bike all around the
Hanging out!
neighborhood, riding through the puddles.  He loved splashing through.  He
also realized that when his bike got stuck, he could peddle and a big stream
of water would come off the back tire! 

Colson slept had two long naps today and had two cat naps this afternoon
and evening.  He loves it when I sing to him.  We read a lot of books today,
too.  This evening, Colson and Cannon took a bath together again.  It's pretty
slippery for Colson, but it's nice to get it done at the same time. 

Chris worked late on the Harley and will have to finish it up tomorrow.  He
got home in time to read to Cannon.  I know I've said it before, but I love
how they hang out together....reading and talking.  Cannon puts his head on
Cannon riding his bike.
Chris' chest and they read and read and read.  Then talk and talk and talk.
So love that!

I am thankful for being able to really 'take in' all of the things that go on in our
lives and just enjoy them.  No rushing....just being present.  My hope is that I
can do that when I go back to work! 

Enjoying every moment.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment