Oct 14, 2011

Dear Cannon

Dear Cannon,

Today is Friday so that means you get to come to school with me in the morning instead of being dropped off.  You hung out in the classroom, had a granola bar, drank my smoothie :) and clipped my badge to everything you could.  When the kids came, you got a little silly, which is a stage (I hope) that you are going through...and will hopefully grow out of.  I like that you interact with the first graders.  I'm also glad that you love to do the flag salute with us.  I had to remind you to put your right hand over your heart (and not your left hand)!  You want to be apart of everything that is going on, however sometimes you interrupt my teaching and the first graders learning.  That is something we are working on.  You hate to be scolded in front of anyone, so you get embarassed when I have to talk to you about being quite. 

I love that you get to go to preschool right across the playground from my classroom.  When it's time for you to leave, I'm teaching, but I can see you getting on your coat and backpack and walking out the door to your room.  And then before I know it, there you are again, knocking on the outside door of the classroom, ready to be driven to either Jana or Jacie's.  You walk with my class to the lunchroom and then we head out to the car.  I enjoy this time because I get to talk with you about your day.  Some days, you have a lot to say.  Other days, I have to pull out of you what you did.  Today, you were very excited to share that you had milkshakes for snack!  You explained about the similarities and differences between our blender and the blender Ms. Teresa had. 

I love being able to see you at school and have time just with you to talk and share things.  I'm always excited to hear about your school day and love when we chat about things.  You impress me daily!  I love being your mother and I am very blessed you are my son.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment