Nov 22, 2011

First Conference

Today was a first for me....I attended Cannon's conference for preschool! 

I am a pro at leading conferences...twice a year for 27'ish' kids for 13 years. 

However, today I was excited to hear what Cannon's teachers, Miss Teresa and Miss Gina would say about Cannon. 

A few things they said:
He is a good thinker and they can see his "wheels turning" in his head.
He is a good model.
He is a good friend to the other students.
He always tries to include his classmates. 
He likes to give suggestions.
He is creative.
He likes to listen to books.
He likes to dance...but doesn't like to sing.
He gets 'squirmy' sometimes at the rug.
He doesn't like to be corrected and gets embarrassed. 
Cannon does a nice job writing his name.
He can count to 20 (but misses 15).
He knows many of his letters.
He knows all of his colors.
He rhymes like crazy.
He can recognize word parts and can tell the beginning parts of words.

I know there were a few more things, but I can't remember!  I was pleased with what I heard.  He received all "3's" on his report card.   They also had a nice portfolio started for him.   I'm excited to see what else they will put in it. 

I loved being on the "other side" of the conference....the parent instead of the teacher.  I appreciated all they had to say about Cannon! 

I am so proud of him.  Cannon loves school and he is learning so much!



Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment