Aug 28, 2012

Learning Patience

I love summer because I have the freedom to be home with the boys and for the most part, do what we please.  It just makes me smile thinking about each of them!

Well summer is over...I start back to school officially tomorrow.  And as I reflect on the summer, the days playing and being together, the one thing I have seen more of is patience.  From both boys (and me!).

Cannon is learning to become more patient with Colson when they are playing together.  He is learning to share, to trade toys and to take the time and show Colson how to do something.  I have seen the boys playing together more often instead of playing side by side.  I have seen Cannon guide Colson by the hand to things. I have also seen Cannon show patience when he is doing other things, like coloring, cutting, trying to put his helmet on by himself, and many other things that he 'insists' doing on his own!  I have seen Cannon be very patient for an almost 5 year old.

Colson is learning to be patient when he can't do something he wants to do, like put a toy together or get somewhere he wants to go.  I have seen him try and try again to put a trailer on the hitch of a toy truck.  I have seen Colson work hard to climb up to places where he couldn't before.  I have seen Colson be patient as he has watched and observed Cannon playing and then tries to copy exactly what he saw.  He is becoming more patient.

I love these two boys so much it makes my heart hurt just thinking about it!




Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment