Jul 31, 2015

Loving Books

Can I just tell you how happy I am when I come into a room or look behind me in the car and see Cannon devouring a book!  It makes my heart so full.


Cannon has always been good at reading and has enjoyed many types of books but he struggled to find books that he liked to read just because.  I continued to bring chapter books home and encourage him. And he did read many.  Magic Tree House, Junie B. Jones, Mouse and the Motorcycle, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, etc.   He read a ton of picture books, which I still encourage, and he loves to be read to...which we still do.

But finally this summer Cannon read another Diary of a Wimpy Kid book and hasn't been able to put them down.  He's read three books in about a month and is almost finished with his latest one.   We are heading to the library tomorrow to find another one in the series for him since I forgot to get one from school today.



Hopefully he will continue to find books that he likes and he'll always have that love of reading!

Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment