Jan 13, 2012

Five on Friday

1.  I got to visit Cannon in his class today for a short time.  I snuck out there on Wednesday, too.  This is rare because I don't have planning in the morning time so I have to have someone cover my class if I want to see him during his class time.   Cannon enjoys having me visit and likes to show me around, yet he still continues to be involved in the 'play' that is ongoing in the room.  Sometimes it is by himself and sometimes it's with other students.  Wednesday, he was doing a little bit of everything with a variety of classmates.  Today, he was interested in the play dough with Molly and then moved to the sensory table by himself which was filled with pretend snow and trucks.  I love being out there and observing Cannon and all of his friends!

2.  Colson is so fun to watch.  I love how excited he gets when he sees Chris or myself.  He is playing a lot with trucks and likes to push them around.  He is 'talking' a lot more and I hear the m, b, d, y, n, and u sounds.  He definitely wants to make himself heard!  He is not drinking as much milk anymore and is eating solid foods like crazy.  He cleaned his plate three times tonight!  He'll eat anything! I need to start giving him some more new foods.  Tonight, he was tired and went down early at 6:30 pm. 

3.  Left overs for dinner tonight!  We had left over stew and left over crock pot chicken.  It was nice to just pull out the Tupperware and let everyone decide.  I set out a plate of raw veggies and cut up an apple and everyone was happy!

4.  I am so ready for a 3-day weekend. The week was good and I got a lot accomplished....at least the priorities that needed to be done.  However, my list is long and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with where to start.  So an extra day will be nice.  I'd like to finish a few things downstairs and figure out some more ideas for decorating.  I also want to go over my ideas for Colson's birthday party and start making a list for that, including finding an invitation.  I found some cute Valentine cards to make for Cannon to give to his friends, so I better work on that, too.  That is all on top of the normal jobs of being a mommy and a wife! (laundry; sorting clothes for the week; grocery shopping; figuring out dinners for the week; making breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, etc., etc.) Plus we have pictures on Saturday and an appointment on Sunday. 

5.  Tonight was movie night with Chris.  We watched, Warrior.  Not bad.

And here are a few pictures of the boys: 




Enjoying every moment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment