Jan 3, 2012

Tuesday Thoughts

I had a few different ideas on what to post today....both I didn't really finish.  One idea I never finished with all of the thoughts I was collecting (that post will come soon.)  The other idea I never got the pictures. 

So, here are a few thoughts from today. 

Back To Work
Ugh!  It's so hard to go back after two weeks off.  I'm happy to be back into a routine....kind of.  (Being home with the boys is nice, too!)  It took all of the energy I had today to focus on teaching and I am exhausted tonight! 

School To-Do List
My school to do list seems to be long and growing longer.  We have a long staff meeting coming up, Pro Cert next Thursday and Literacy Night the following Thursday.  And I have to meet before each of these "meetings" to be ready!  Too much!

Catching Up
I've been catching up on my scrapbooking and it feels good to do that.  I've completed about 6 pages and have a few more to go and another few that I'd like to start.  It's nice to see new pages hanging up!

Nightly Reading
I know I've written about this before but I so enjoy the time with Cannon before bed.  Tonight, it was Chris' turn to read, but I stopped in just to watch and listen.  Cannon loves books and it's great to hear his thoughts as he listens.  It was nice to be on the "outside looking in" tonight.  It's a whole different perspective. 

Cause and Effect
Colson is really learning and growing every moment.  Currently, he loves to take things out of drawers or baskets and then put it back in.  He also likes to sit at the treadmill while I am running, put things on the front and watch them fly down the belt.  I have to watch carefully so I don't crash and burn!  Tonight, he was taking toys out of the basket in the bathroom, putting them in the bathtub where Cannon was and then would look over the edge to see where the toy was.  It's fun to see him play and to watch him figure things out. 

1st Birthday Party
I am starting to think about ideas for Colson's first birthday party.  Yes, already!  It has been fun to search around and I think I have decided on an easy theme.  I'm actually happy to be starting somewhat early so hopefully I won't be as rushed as the time draws closer. 

A Bit of Updating
I am in the mood to do a bit of updating around the house.  (Chris is cringing!) I have quite a few ideas and I'm hoping just a few get accomplished.  Of course, it will all depend a lot on getting Chris motivated because I will need his help for much of it!  We'll see...

Even with everything going on (which is called 'life') I really do enjoy each day.  I love being a mom and spending time with the boys.  I love being home.  I love hanging out with my family.  I love catching up with my friends and co-workers.  I love the learning I see at school from the kids.  I love making memories.  I love recording memories.  I love my life!

Enjoying every moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment