Jun 27, 2012

In These Small Hours

Reason number 73 why I love being at the lake:  Beautiful walks around Deer Meadows in the afternoon sun. 
I love my time alone to exercise so I can clear my head, think about what lies ahead, make a mental "To Do" list, etc.  This afternoon, I was prioritizing what needed to be done before we leave for home tomorrow. 

Then, the words from a song I was listening to caught my attention.  Little Wonders by Rob Thomas.

The lyrics that resonated with me:

Our lives are made
In these small hours
These little wonders,
These twists & turns of fate
Time falls away,
But these small hours,
These small hours still remain


To my music fanatic friends, this song may have a totally different meaning.  But for me, on this day, these are the things that filled my mind for the rest of my walk:

It reminded me to not take anything for granted. 
To take in the tiniest of details.
To play and do chores later.
To live in the moment.
To smile and laugh.
To love hard.
To enjoy every moment we have.

Because as the words in the song say: time falls away. And so many times we seem to get lost in the days.  Caught up in the fast pace of everyday life.  Rushing through things and not slowing down to enjoy what is important.  I often hear from people, "Where does the time go?" 

So I ask you....Is your time falling away?  Or are you embracing your small hours?

Here are a few things that made up my small hours from today.

A trip to the boat ramp to watch the boats come in and go out.  Such a simple pleasure for the boys.  And a another positive: wading in the water, splashing, getting totally soaked! 


Grilled pineapple.  So yummy.  Along with apples, strawberries and some crackers.  That makes for a great picnic snack on the steps of the deck...enjoying the sun, conversation and company!


A trip to the beach to play in the water.  The boys loved the water, the sand, the toys.  I love watching them, listening to them, laughing at them, taking pictures of them, and relaxing in the sun.


Every night we see deer coming out to eat.  Tonight, Cannon and I stopped to take some photos and just quietly watch.



What were your small hours made of today?

Enjoying every moment.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment