Jul 5, 2012

Four on the 4th of July

1.  5K Race
I ran the CityBlast 5K race in Puyallup.  My first 5K ever and my first race long race since running Bloomsday back when I was a kid.  I was excited but nervous.  I wasn't sure what to expect, especially since most of my running is done on a treadmill rather than outdoors.  However, I finished in 23.41 and won my age division (35-40)! Thanks to Chris and the boys for coming to cheer me on as I finished the race!



2.  Airshow
We met Sebastian, Mindy and Dillon at our boat and spent the rest of the day and evening on the boat.  We headed out to Commencement Bay to watch the airshow, which is always a big hit.  We loved watching the acrobatic planes.  They always have current military planes flying and the jets are our favorites.  They are fast and loud!  This year the jet really put on a good show.



3.  Gig Harbor
After the airshow was over, we headed to Gig Harbor.  We had a good time walking around town, getting ice cream at Kelly's, relaxing on the boat, having BBQ dinner and enjoying being with friends.  The sun was warm and it was nice to be out soaking it up!





4.  Fireworks
Both Sebastian and Chris had to work the next day and after wavering back and forth a number of times, we finally ended up coming back to the dock before the fireworks show started on Commencement Bay.  There were fabulous views of Mt. Rainier, the Olympics, the sunset, and the moon rise was amazing, too!  We did get a wonderful view of all of the fireworks from Browns Point and Tacoma.  They were going off everywhere, so we didn't feel too bad about missing the big show.





Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment