Sep 14, 2011

Challenges

A challenge Cannon faced today:
Cannon's preschool doesn't begin until 9:30, so he spends 25 minutes in my room after he is dropped off in the morning.  School starts for me at 9:00 am.  Cannon is supposed to sit quietly and not bother me.  I have brought some toys from home, have books ready for him and a white board out.  He has done all of those things, but not for the entire 25 minutes.  He is still learning he can't have my attention during this time.  He can't come up in the front of the room and talk to me or stand up with me!  He doesn't like being re-directed, especially in front of the first graders.  I know it will get better when he fully understands and learns the routine. 

A challenge Colson faced today:
Colson struggled to nap for Jana this afternoon.  He had a great nap this morning, but she said he wasn't acting himself this afternoon.  He threw up a lot, and was crying, which isn't like him.  He napped for maybe 10 minutes a couple of times, but it seemed like he wasn't feeling all that great.  Poor guy.  He had a great afternoon and evening for not having had a nap, but did go to bed a bit early since he was so tired!

A challenge Janel faced today:
As we near the 10th day of school, I am continuing to work with my class on routines.  Today, we had to do a lot of review and practice!  I also have one challenging student who tries my patience.  I hope to find some solutions for this child soon so we can both have a successful year! 

A challenge Chris faced today:
The motor home had some "issues" on Chris' trip last weekend and he barely made it home.  Chris worked on the motor home tonight, trying to diagnose the problem.  He thinks it is a bad wiring connection somewhere, but he hasn't found the problem yet. 

Yes, each day brings its own set of challenges.  This is normal.  This is part of every day life.  We learn from these challenges.  They are part of our "moments."  Some moments we enjoy more than others!

Enjoying every moment. (Even the challenging ones)

No comments:

Post a Comment