Jul 12, 2011

Cannon's Exciting Day

This morning we went to the bookstore and Cannon picked out 4 new books.  He played with the toys at the bookstore while I looked through books, too.  He also saw a number of trains go by on the tracks in downtown Sumner.  That was a hit, however the whistles were loud! 

Chris came home for lunch as he often does and Cannon had a great time hanging out with him, looking through pictures on the computer, playing soccer in the backyard and then talking together as they ate lunch.  I loved it when I came out the front door and saw Cannon in the driveway yelling, "I love you!" and waving goodbye to Chris.  Such a wonderful sight to see and it just made my day!

Cannon had soccer practice today and this was the first day that he was happy to go. He did exactly what the coach told him to and had a smile on his face.  What a turn around from the last two weeks!  It just goes to show that practice and patience pay off.  Today they worked on dribbling with the ball fast and scoring goals.

Cannon also started swimming today.  He was VERY excited about this and couldn't wait to get in the pool.  He was very attentive to his instructor and did what was told of him.  He worked on blowing bubbles out his nose, kicking, putting his face in the water and paddling with his arms.  I think he had a smile on his face the entire time!

Chris and I sat and watched both soccer practice and swimming lessons and it was great to see Cannon having a good time....AND following directions, doing what he was told.  We had fun watching him. 

We went to McDonald's after swim lessons.  It was a nice treat since we rarely do that.  Cannon ate every thing that was in front of him, including a chocolate chip cookie! 

One exciting thing that happened today was that Colson actually took a bottle.  He didn't drink much, but he was definitely drinking.  That was a happy moment for me.  We'll keep at it and hopefully he will have it down soon.  My fingers are crossed. 

Day 2 of sleep training for naps.  Colson cried through his first and second naps.  Poor thing.  I went in and checked on him every 10 minutes or so and he would calm down.  I would sometimes turn on the soother and that would work....until it turned off...then Colson would cry again!  Sometimes I would turn on the mobile.  That would calm him until it turned off!  After the first missed nap is when we ran to the bookstore and Colson immediately fell asleep in the car.  Of course!  For the third nap, Colson finally did conk out on his own after only a very short time fussing.  He was exhausted from the rest of the day!  He hung out like a trooper at Cannon's soccer practice, swim lessons and throughout dinner.  Then he was ready for bed early.  He did, however, cry for awhile tonight but fell asleep after I turned on the mobile.  Even though he missed some naps and he's cried more today then he has in the past two months put together, he still has a smile on his face and is happy as can be when he's awake. Gotta love him! 

Off to get some things accomplished! 
  • A little scrapbooking....I finished up one page today and started two more.  Maybe I can finish them tonight.  
  • Hopefully a short work out.
  • Laundry...which is never ending.
  • Reading....I'm getting close to the end of my book.  I just put a James Patterson book on hold at the library and want to finish the one I am reading now before the new one comes in.  
Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment