Jul 19, 2011

Highlights From Today

Today, was one of those day where I felt I did a little bit of everything. 

  • Cleaned kitchen this morning. (fyi...as I write this, it's dirty again!)
  • I went to three stores to find pectin to make freezer jam.  (ugh!)
  • Made a batch of jam; froze some raspberries; made a raspberry cobbler.
  • Had a visit from a friend from high school who picked up some baby items.
  • Ran 2 1/2 miles.  That's as far as I got before Cannon came out of his room after 20 minutes and Colson was crying after his short 20 minute nap.
  • Put together a scrapbook page.
  • Did laundry.
  • Went to Cannon's soccer practice and swimming lessons.
  • Picked more berries.
Colson put himself to sleep twice today after about 15 or so minutes of crying.  He only slept about 20 minutes each time.  I let him cry when he woke up but he never put himself back to sleep again. (sigh) We'll keep practicing.  I need to keep reminding myself that it takes practice.  Sometimes the crying bothers me and sometimes it doesn't.  I mostly feel bad that he isn't getting the sleep I know he needs. 

Cannon had a good day.  He played well, helped me in the kitchen, loved on daddy when he came home from lunch and finally did take a nap after I put him BACK in his room when he came out begging not to nap. 

A funny thing Cannon said today:

When we were eating lunch I was asking him (over and over again) to finish his lunch. He burped and said, "I was just waiting for that burp to go by."    What?!  His sense of humor is a little crazy.

Cannon did a super job at soccer practice today.  He was one of the first kids to follow directions and had a smile on his face.  We didn't hear anything about not wanting to go to soccer.  Today they worked on passing the ball.  He also had a good swim lesson.  They worked on kicking, putting their head in the water and swimming the the instructors help.  We are constantly impressed by how much he is learning and how well he is doing.

Cannon also got a new bike today!  Chris found one at Toys R Us and they put it together tonight.  It's a little bit big for Cannon to ride without training wheels...his feet don't touch the ground, but he can ride it well with the training wheels.  Of course, he hooked up the bike trailer to it and rode all around the neighborhood!


Swimming lessons!


Soccer...they are working on passing the ball.

Enjoying every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment