Aug 19, 2011

Conversations with Cannon

I love the conversations that I have with Cannon.  He is full of knowledge and is very opinionated. 

Here are just a few of the conversations I was able to record from today:

Cannon:  I found all of these books. So we can read them.
Me:  Okay, are you ready to read?
Cannon:  Yup.  We can read them over here in the sunlight.  I want to start in the contents.  (the table of contents)

Cannon: I’m going to go to stay in my underwear.
Me:  Okay, that’s cool.  We're going to the store.
Cannon:  Just kidding. 

Cannon:  Mom, I have to go potty.  I’m going to go outside.
Me:  Okay, go.
Cannon:  Come with me.
Me: You don’t need me.  Go outside where ever you want.
(after a few seconds)
Cannon:  Bees. Bees. Bees.
Me:  Where?
Cannon:  By the jeep. 
Me: Then go potty off the deck. 
Cannon:  I don’t want the bees to come and sting my penis.

(This is what I hear as he is sitting on a large toy car which he has placed in a tub of water outside:)
I’m tied up to the dock.  Will you untie me? 
Let's see if it starts. 
Watch me go. I’m going to power it up. 
See right here?  This is what makes it go.
(Yes, I untied the ropes for him.  AND...I went for a 'ride' in the boat!)


Me: Go get some of your juice.
Cannon: Yeah, it’s darn hot out here!


Cannon:  There is a leak.  The valves are leaking.
Me:  What are you going to do about that?
Cannon:  I need to drain it.  Will you get me a plastic container?


And here are a few photos from today:

Can you say, "Tan line?!"

Run! 

Love those eyes!

Such a sweet, happy, wonderful boy! 
Enjoying every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment