Aug 1, 2011

Stories To Tell

Today I am enjoying not having to remember to record EVERYTHING by photos and words as I did last week with A Week in the Life

Last week, I took over 600 pictures. 
Today, I took 5.  

But even with only 5 photos, there is still a story to tell.  We all have stories.  Every moment is a story. 

When I look at the photos of Cannon painting, I see a story.  I always see more in the photos when I look at them later.  I see a 3 1/2 year old boy having a grand time on the back deck.  I see a mess. I see happiness and joy.  I see creating.  I see learning.  I see concentration.  I see footprints.  I see dirt.  I see artwork.  I see decision making. I see memories.  I see moments.  I see a story. 





When I look at the photos I took of Colson riding on the 3-wheeler with Chris, I see a story.  I see a 4 month old hanging out.  I see no fear.  I see caution.  I see a warm sunny evening.  I see a father and son.  I see love.  I see growth.  I see the future.  I see memories.  I see moments.  I see a story.



What stories do your photos tell?

Just because I only took 5 photos today doesn't mean there weren't any more stories to tell.  There were many!  Making breakfast.  The battery in Chris truck going bad.  A trip to JoAnn's and Ross.  Counting and name writing.  Chris home for lunch.  Cleaning the kitchen.  Playing outside.  Laundry.  Colson napping...or not napping depending on the time!  Routines.  Dinner.  Washing quads. 

Story 1:
Cleaning the kitchen.....and not just a wipe off the counter and put things away type of cleaning.  A deep cleaning.  Boy did it need it.  And it's still not done.  I'll need more time (and no kids) to finish.  But I did get a good start.  I did think at one point, "Why did I start this?"  Oh yes, that's right.  It was gross...and company is coming in 10 days.  (I'm starting early!) 
I was in one of those "get rid of it" moods: 
*Knife holder that was on the counter....gone.  I put the knives in the drawer with the other knives.  Genius, I know. 
*Container for my wooden spoons....gone.  They are in the drawer with the other utensils. 
*Rack to hold a hot spoon while cooking....gone.  When was the last time I used it anyway? 
Well, the counter is less cluttered.  And cleaner. 
It's still a work in progress!

Story 2:
Colson's bedtime routine.  I love this time.  Bath. Books. Boob. Bed.  
Colson loves bath time.  He sits in the water and trys to grab everything he can.  He lets the water run over his head.  I bathe Colson in a $1 Walmart tub that I put in the kitchen sink.  Saves my back and it's easy!  After a bath, we head up to his room to change into pajamas.  We talk and talk and talk.  I do a lot of narrating what I am doing, a lot of singing silly songs, give a lot of tickles.  Colson's giggles are priceless.  I love the huge smile he gives me.  Such wonderful moments together.  We read after next.  Colson likes to grab onto the book and pull it towards him.  He enjoys looking at the pictures.  Tonight I only got through 2 quick books. He always lets me know when enough is enough!  I feed Colson before bed and I enjoy sitting in the rocker with him, letting him grab onto my fingers.  He likes to rub his face with his little soft blanket that we call his "softy."  (nothing out of the ordinary with that name!)  He also likes to push on the sides of the rocker with his feet.  I enjoy sitting there in the semi-dark with him and just take it all in.  I know we won't have this time together forever.  I watch him, smile, sometimes close my eyes.  Just being present in the moment.

Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment