Aug 15, 2011

Today's Gifts

Today is gift.
That's why they call it the present.

Today's Gifts....
  • The sound of Colson talking in bed this morning, just as happy as can be.
  • Cannon painting with Dominic outside.  When I walked over, Cannon was painting Dom's hand. Cannon loves hanging out with him and Dom is so patient with Cannon. 
  • A long nap for Colson this afternoon.
  • Cannon and I reading together.  He hasn't been taking naps lately since he's been sleeping in so late in the morning.  Nap time is when we always read together during the day.  So now we usually lay on the floor where ever he is at and read as many books as we can.  Sometimes we only make it through 2.  Sometimes, we read 5. 
  • Sitting with Cannon outside and just listening to him.  I absolutely LOVE the conversations we have.  Today, he was 'cleaning' a bin outside.  He had a sponge, a cleaning bottle (with water) and the hose.  He got out the stool to sit on and eventually got one out for me so I could sit next to him.  He told me we had to leave the cleaner on for 4 minutes and then wash it off.  Then, he counted to 4 and sprayed it off!  This went on and on and on. 
  • The sunshine.
  • Interacting with Colson...singing and playing with him.  Watching him grab things.  Seeing how he rolls over and back again.  Watching him almost sit upright on his own.  Enjoying his "talks" and smiles.      
  • Cannon telling Colson that he loves him.  Cannon has such a sweet heart.  He told me out of the blue, "I love you, mom.  You're sweet." 
  • The way Colson watches Cannon.  He would turn his head all the way around if he could...just to see what Cannon is doing. 
  • The relationship Cannon has with Chris.  I love how they talk; how Cannon asks questions and really listens; how Chris teaches Cannon and how Cannon interprets what Chris says.  I could go on and on.  I just love to watch them together.  It's priceless.
Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment