Aug 16, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Today Chris and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. 

We are so blessed to have each other as friends, partners, soul mates....

Life is so much better because we are walking through it together. 


Tonight, we celebrated by going out to dinner.  No kids.  Just us.  It was nice to be able to only focus on us. 

I never seem to get around to scrap booking our anniversary, even though I take pictures and have plans to do so.  It always gets pushed to the bottom of the list.  But this day is an important day.  A day that I cherish.  A day to celebrate.  So this year with the blog, it's easier to type my thoughts, upload a picture and have our day recorded...finally. 

We exchange cards each year and I have every card that we have given each other, stacked and tied with a beautiful ribbon.  Today, I am going to share the wonderful things written on the cards. 

As always, Chris chooses wonderfully beautiful cards...

To My Wife Who Give So Much

In many wonderful ways,
you're the very center of our family--
the one who holds us all together
wit your understanding and support...

You're the giver of hugs and comforting words,
the sharer of laughter and smiles,
the driving force behind so much
that brings joy and meaning into our lives.

There's no way I could ever than you enough
for everything you do and for all the ways
you're such an incredible wife and mother...

But on our anniversary, and every day of the year,
I want you to know that I love you--
with every grateful corner of my heart.

Yes, I cried.  The words mean so much and I know even though they are written by someone else, Chris picked through all of the cards and chose this particular one for me. 

And the card I chose for Chris:

Husband, you have awakened in me
feelings that I never new before.
You have enriched my life in ways

that I never knew were possible.

And now that I know just how wonderful love can be...
I never want to lose what we have.

I love loving you.
Happy Anniversary with all my love.

I recall thinking to myself as I was reading cards that there were many to choose from that had the "right" words.  But this is the one I continued to pick up.  As I was typing the words I realized they are short and to the point.  And that's what I think I as getting at....I LOVE loving Chris and I never want to lose what we have.

Here's to 15 wonderful years of marriage.  It has continued to get better and better each year.  I look forward to many more amazing years with Chris....being together, making decisions, laughing, taking trips, parenting, making memories, and growing old together. 

Life. Is. Good.
Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment