Aug 25, 2011

Everyday Life

Today was just another day, yet it was OUR day, were we were TOGETHER.  I had a ton of stuff on my mind for school and lots to accomplish, however I found myself putting that to the side and just enjoying the time with Cannon and Colson.  I started to take a lot of pictures but as the day went on I stopped.  I did think about grabbing the camera, but just wanted to stay in the moment.  So I ignored the photo opportunity and just took it all in.  After the extremely busy and stressful day yesterday, and knowing that school is right around the corner, I needed today to remind myself what makes me happy.  I needed to give all my attention to Cannon and Colson and enjoy what they were saying and doing.  So I did.  And it felt good.   

It was a hot day and we played outside, blew bubbles, did a lot of drawing and coloring, built with blocks and did some pretend play.  We rode bikes, played in the water, blew more bubbles, found out that crayons melt in the sun, read books, talked, and just had a good day.  We laughed.  We cooked together.  We had lunch with daddy.  Colson took two long naps.  Cannon had toys all over the bonus room.  We talked about going to the park or somewhere else, but Cannon wanted to stay home and I was okay with that.  I love that we have so much fun just right here at home.

After I got the bike down from the ceiling hooks (which took me many tries and quite awhile), Cannon said to me, "You were so brave!  You got it down, mom!"  He had a lot more to say and I wish I could remember it all.  But I was his hero at that point and I was proud that he thought I was brave!  Love that kid! 

Colson is nearly sitting up on his own and will stay that way for awhile. Then he'll get leaning over too far and plop down on his face!  Poor kid.  Tonight while taking a bath, he got his feet up on the edge of the tub and was leaned back.  It was like he was kicked back...relaxing in his tub after a long day.  I should have got a picture of that.  Oh well.

I was able to finish a few things for school tonight and will go up tomorrow night...and again over the weekend.  And, the dishes did get washed and put away. The laundry was washed and dried but not folded.  I put together a quick scrapbook page.  I made it to the store to buy groceries.






Enjoying every moment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment