Aug 5, 2011

Random Thoughts on Random Shots

We spent a couple of hours this morning at the park with Heather, Evan and the three kids she is watching.  All of the kiddos had fun playing on the toys and Heather and I enjoyed catching up.  We sat at the picnic tables and ate lunch, celebrated Alex's birthday (he turned 2) and had a cupcake.  (Thank you, Heather!) 

Colson hanging out at the park.

Cannon...not really swinging.



This afternoon, we spent time at home and I'm not even sure what I was doing!  A little of this and a little of that....not really accomplishing anything, I guess.  We read books and Cannon wanted to write his name.  This was huge because this is usually not his favorite thing to do.  He grabbed paper and a pen, sat down on the floor and started writing without me. He had paper everywhere, but I didn't care!  Colson took a short nap and then he joined us and played with his toys.  It's amazing how the bonus room went from picked up to not being able to walk through it without tripping over something!  But oh well, that is just how it goes.

Working on writing his name.

Playing with his toys.



Tonight, we drove the Chevelle into downtown Sumner.  They were having their Summer Arts Festival and had many of the streets closed off for vendors.  We walked up and down the streets, looking at everything.  Cannon stopped to jump in the Bouncy House.  We all got something for dinner there and then had ice cream for dessert! 

Walking down Main Street.

Cannon having fun in the Bounce House!

Yum! 



Cannon and Chris gave Colson a quick bath and then we all hung out in the living room together while Colson got his jammies on.  We all talked about our day, laughed, watched Colson roll over and over and were happy to be together and being silly!  I finished putting Colson down while Chris read to Cannon.  I went in to say good night and say prayers.  I love Cannon's prayers.  "Dear Jesus, I love you. Thank you for my mom and dad and Colson."  It went on but I don't remember it word for word.  Of course, Cannon didn't want me to leave and continued to 'stall.'  He said, "Mom, um, I have something to tell you.  Behave yourself and watch out for the kangaroos jumping in your room."  Okay, Cannon, I will.  Heaven forbid I get trampled by a kangaroo! 


Enjoying every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment