Jun 3, 2011

Hello Sun!

The warm weather does wonders and sure does bring on a positive attitude!  It was nice to wake up to partially sunny skies and we soaked in as much sun as possible as the day went on.

Colson slept like a champ last night but didn't want to nap this morning.  He fussed throughout Walmart and Target.  Usually I can get him to sleep with a car ride or a ride in the shopping cart.  But not today.  So needless to say, I forgot many things at the store and never made it to the library.  However, he rewarded me with a 3 hour nap when we got home!  Hooray!

Cannon was on outfit number 3 by 2:30.  He gets that hose out and I may as well just strip him down to nothing.  Today, he made mud puddles on the side yard and got totally wet and muddy.  It was very funny.  I enjoyed sitting on the back deck watching and listening to him. One part of our conversation went like this:

C-"Mom, turn the water on."  (for the 17th time.) 
Me-"Okay."  (I go turn the water on and wait because I know he will ask me to turn the water off soon and I don't want to get up again.)
C-"Stop turning it."
Me-"I'm not."
C- "Take your hands off."
Me-"I'm just waiting."
C- "Just go back and sit down and read your magazine!"

One thing I have realized when I play with Cannon is that he wants me to do it his way, no matter what.

When Cannon went down for a nap (which he didn't end up taking...only rested for an hour, but I'll take that) I enjoyed sitting on the back deck, closing my eyes and just enjoying the warmth of the sun.  It was so nice to sit and do nothing.  I thought about getting a book, but I didn't even do that. 

It was National Donut Day so we went up to Krispy Kreme to get our free donut.  Yummy...and so bad for us, but soooo very good! 

Cannon hardly stepped foot inside the house until it was time to get ready for bed.  I love that he likes to hang out outside, ride his bike all over, talk with the neighbors, and just be a kid! 

Colson took a couple of catnaps this afternoon.  He loves to look around.  He loves to go outside.  He loves to lay on his back and look back at me.  We have a lot of great conversations. His smile takes away any frusteration I may have. 



"What are you doing, lady?"




Enjoying every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment