Jun 30, 2011

Summer Break

Summer break around our house means that I am home every day.  Our routine during the school year is thrown out the window and we go without a routine...except to get up in the morning and go to bed at night.  Life is so different during these months of the year.  I feel so blessed to be able to "hang out" with the boys.  There isn't a rush to get somewhere.  Yes I make plans or have ideas about what we may do in a day, but usually those things are flexible and we accomplish what we chose to accomplish!  I look forward to these lazy days.  No TV.  Lots of playing and talking and sometimes cooking.  A trip to the store or library or park is usually thrown in.  Life is good!

Today I want to remember how Colson smiles all of the time.  Even as he is throwing up...he is smiling!
Today I want to remember how wonderful it is to visit with my friend, Heather.
Today I want to remember how Cannon told Daddy, "That's disrespectful" after Chris shined a flashlight towards his eyes. 
Today I want to remember how Cannon introduced us to "Allie" his imaginary friend.  I love how he can pretend!  She went to Heather's with us.  She watched Cannon cut and glue.  Cannon gave her a bath in the sink.  She listened to bedtime stories with us. 
Today I want to remember how Colson "talks" to us. We hold great conversations! 
Today I want to remember how wonderful it feels to be outside as a family, just hanging out, on a warm summer evening. 
Today I want to remember how amazing Chris is.  He fixed both of the neighbors motorcycles.  I can still hear the kids outside riding around.  He made their day!

Enjoying every moment.

And a few photos from the evening...



Chris and Cannon in the jeep going to
knock down the brush.

Colson fell asleep outside
this evenin with his thumb
in his mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment